Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Day and vanilla

So today, tonight rather, Margaret-Jane says she wants to try the vanilla....vanilla extract that is.  Okay, I say.  She proceeds to try it and analyze the flavor.  It is bland but strong all at once she says.

I just read my friend's blog about her time with her little one and the disappointment in ending the summer.  I am teary as I lament the end of my summer with Margaret-Jane.  I am hanging on to every moment of this weekend, trying desparately to prolong the summer, the moments with my 6 year old daughter.  Seeking to be in the moment as we savor the weekend is my focus.

2 comments:

  1. I love that description of the vanilla extract, MJ! Absolutely right on. I already love the blog. Yours is the first that I've ever followed! :) Love you two mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you back...how is your new home?

    ReplyDelete